Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Once she began to love herself...her entire world began to blossom."


I'm sure that many of you are aware that stamps can be used for much more than card-making and scrap-booking. However, I am a late bloomer and have never tried anything else.... That is, until this morning. I had a piece of 8 x 10" photo-matting board with a 3.5 x 5.5" opening and a piece of card stock sitting on my desk. I was about to put them away when I decided to burn some creative energy instead.

The stamps that I used in this creation are from a collection I purchased from Stampin' Up! several years ago (2001) after a relative/demonstrator sent me their catalog. I stamped one bloom directly onto the card stock (as well as the stem, leaves and dragonfly), the rest were stamped onto separate pieces of paper, cut out and layered using sticky-dots. All were embossed using embossing ink, powders and heat tool.

Imperfection Required. Mistaeks Mandatory. I'm here to share my imperfection with you! Some turn out to be mistaeks, and some not. We can't be creative if we do not practice creativity. We can't be perfect if we do not embrace and play with our imperfections. We can't make mistaeks if we don't even bother trying...that's true failure, I think.

No comments :

Post a Comment

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....