Monday, February 15, 2010

Today We Played!


Sometimes it's difficult to carve out time for a play date.  I often find myself waiting for the perfect time, the perfect amount of inspiration.  You know how that goes.  Play dates are so much fun, though, and I really needed one.  It's something that makes me feel absolutely fabulous; happy, centered, passionate, joyful, hopeful and excited.  I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve and I don't want to go to sleep.  I just want to keep on playing...alas, I cannot.

Here's what I chose to play with today:  over-sized clothespins I purchased at Beverly's Fabric & Crafts, acrylic paint, wooden letters, alcohol inks and one 6" tile from a large stash left over from our bathroom repair a few years ago.  The first two playful activities I enjoyed today were a Dream Magnet, and a Love Magnet.  Both were made with an over-sized clothespin from Creative Imaginations, paint and wooden letters. They are perfect for holding a note to self, photograph or card. {update::  they now reside on my refrigerator and hold photos}


The final project I experimented with today was using alcohol inks to decorate a 6" ceramic tile I had left over from a partial remodel.  I've had three bottles of alcohol ink sitting on a shelf for quite some time after having purchased them for a school project my daughter had worked on.  Other than that, I had no idea what to do with them.  Then earlier this evening while browsing through blog entries at Artsyville, I found a Fun With Alcohol project she had done and I just had to try it myself!  As mentioned, I had three bottles:  latte, caramel and one other brown.  They aren't the most fabulous colors, but I was so excited that I'd found this project.  I walked around the house rubbing and clapping my hands together saying, "Yes. Yes. Yes!"  I love the process and the effect so I am planning a trip to Michael's to purchase a variety of colors.  It will be so much fun to see what happens!  I can't imagine any two being exactly the same.  So fun!  Even my daughter, who is not an artsy kind of gal, is looking forward to this project!  What do you think?  I can't wait to experiment more with this one!


And that was my day of play.  This tile will actually look magnificent in my kitchen because we have a coffee/cafe theme going.  It reminds me a lot of spilled coffee.

What fun did you have today?  I would love to hear about it?  I would so love to keep going....I'm a little obsessive-compulsive....but we must rest our body so we can do this again.

Hope to see ya' soon!  Remember, "Imperfection Inspires...Mistaeks are Mandatory.  Have fun with 'em!"

No comments :

Post a Comment

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....