Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thinking of You

I've tinkered with the idea of creating a page on Etsy and I think I'm gonna do it....soon!  This has been a Magical year for me!  I've been focused on being creative and present and it feels absolutely m-a-g-n-i-f-i-c-e-n-t!

Recently, I played with a couple of Itty Bitties mini canvases I discovered at Beverley's Fabric & Crafts.  I cut the center out to create a frame.  I made one with a photo of m' daughter and one with a stamped image from Stampin' Up!.

First, the photo frame.  It was basically an experiment to see if I could actually turn this canvas into a frame.


And I did.  I admit, it's not the best photograph.  I decided to let my daughter use it for a school project and failed to remember that I hadn't taken a photo of it yet.  I hate when I do that.  I covered the canvas frame with some colored tissue paper.  Pink is one of my daughter's favorite colors.  I painted the easel with one of my favorite colors; a pale orange.  It is also known as Plaid's Folk Art Pumpkin acrylic paint. Finally, I added a little ribbon embellishment I purchased in the $1 spot at Target...viola!

Second, a framed stamped sentiment.

For this little gem I decided to paint the frame with another of my favorite colors--mint green.  Officially it is Folk Art Soft Apple from  Plaid.  I purchased mine at Michael's.  I then used a Q-tip to paint Baby Pink and Yellow Lemon polka-dots around the frame--also from Plaid.   For the backing, I cut a 3" square of pink card stock adding additional polka-dots and layering it with striped velum...did I spell that right?...paper.  On a one-inch square I used a "Thinking of you is a nice thing to do" stamp from, none other than, Stampin' Up!  As you can see in the photograph, I painted the easel with the yellow and pink I used on the canvas.  To finish it off, I again decided to add a little ribbon embellishment (again, from the $1 spot at Target) and you have in my humble opinion...p-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n.


"Imperfection Inspires. Mistaeks are Mandatory."

--Syda

No comments :

Post a Comment

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....