Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Committing to Art Every Day Month - Day One

Yesterday I took the plunge.  I've heard about these "every day" challenges.  I love to visit creative spaces like the Daisy Yellow Blog and her monthly Creative Experiments.  Most often, however, Ms. Procrastination comes to visit, or Ms. Chatterbox calls and won't shut up...inspiration evades me.  Needless to say, I never get to doing the Creative Experiments and I avoid the challenges for fear of failing to complete them.

Not anymore.

Yesterday I made a commitment.  I committed myself to 30 days of creativity. I signed up for Art Every Day Month on Leah Piken Kolidas's delightful blog Creative Every Day.  My hope is that creative action will manifest the whispers of inspiration I am allowing myself to hear.  I was creative yesterday, Day One of Art Every Day Month, but I didn't get the results of my creative energy posted.  Here we are on Day Two...

and here it is...Day One:


This is a small memory book I covered with decorative papers from Stampin' Up! and hand-stamped with the definition of Favorite from the Stampin' Up! Define Your Life collection. The inside and back cover are painted a light green with a protective clear coat front and back.

This little treasure book is perfectly sized and perfectly filled with heavy card stock pages.  Ideal, I think, for creating a "Favorite Things Journal" using a variety of mediums.

What are your favorite things?

2 comments :

  1. >Lovely start to your month long project! Thanks for sharing via AEDM

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Thank you, Ann, for taking the time to view my virtual show and tell. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....