Monday, January 10, 2011

#ced2011–Week 1–Doodling

I recently signed up to participate in the Creative Every Day 2011 Challenge, but please do not expect me to post the results of my play time daily.  As much as I might want to do that, I know it just ain’t gonna happen.  So I’ve decided that my goal is to create a weekly post over the course of this year to share what has tickled my fancy.

Doodling has been noodling my brain waves recently.  I began with this most random doodle late one night while watching television….


The next day I was sitting in my car admiring this majestic tree standing tall in front of a house across from where I was parked.



While purchasing a copy of Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists by Carla Sonheim I noticed Zentangle Basics by Suzanne McNeill, CZT and Totally Tangled by Sandy Steen Bartholomew.  I bought all three.  I heard about the Drawing Lab book from Free Spirit Knits dot com.  I have merely browsed these books as of yet, noticing that Zentangles are generally made using small squares and traditionally they are black, gray and white—no color.



No color?  But I like color?

So, I have been doodling in colorI have avoided focusing on the books I purchased simply because I want to see what becomes of my mind noodling.

I wonder what will come to me today?

4 comments :

  1. >Very... Nicee... Blog.. I really appreciate it... Thanks..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Syda! These are INCREDIBLE! I had no idea you were such an amazing artist. Keep up the awesomeness my friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Thank you ernie. It's wonderful to be appreciated. :) You're very welcome.Awe, Megan! Thank you Love! I had no idea either! LOL. Amazing what comes out of apparent mindless noodling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. >Holy amazing!! We will be doodling more in class. Can't wait to see some more of your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....