Friday, February 25, 2011

Poetic Intentions–#InsideOut


When I began Shannon’s Inside Out eCourse in mid-January she asked the participants to set an intention for our journey over the next few weeks.  I really struggle with this and often hear myself whispering, “I dunno.”  I’m not quite certain where it came from, but the prose pictured above plopped itself front and center in my mind.  I had no choice but to listen.

Can you tell I’m a huge coffee lover?

While an online community was created for the course participants, I managed to get there once; maybe twice.  It wasn’t that I didn’t want to participate and share, but each day led to another and yet another and before I knew it I felt as though I was eons behind.  I was riddled with guilt even though she lovingly sent constant reminders that where ever I may happen to be on my journey was exactly where I was supposed to be.

The course has now officially ended and I am on day 22 of 28.  I’m okay with that because as I revisit questions of energy and intention I am realizing that I have been fulfilling my original intention—to illuminate her…er,…my being.  I’m not behind because I ignored the journey, and while I do struggle with some of the questions set before me, there are many days when I’ve gotten lost in the creativity of it all and played and played and played.  The slide show I created and posted in my previous post showcases every creative play date I’ve taken since the beginning of the year—most of them from the course.

Through this creative course, learning to live from the Inside Out, I have discovered that there are things I actually like about me.  The most important tool I need to gather is c-o-n-f-i-d-e-n-c-e and I’m growing more confident each day.  I am creative.  I am inspiring others.  I am growing in love of self.  I’m not wound up quite so tight, i.e. you can’t eat off of my kitchen floor anymore.  I’m watching less television and creating more, playing more and enjoying more.

The journey I am taking Inside Out has been amazing thus far and I am inclined to think that I will take it again.  I highly recommend you do the same if you have the opportunity to do so.

hear the knock
open the door
say hello....to me

invite her in
share some bliss
with splenda and extra cream

find the light
turn it on
illuminate her BEing

joY & gratitude

2 comments :

  1. >Syda, this is a beautiful poem and way to share how the e-course moved you. I am so glad you have found your way through the exercises on your own timing. What a wonderful gift to yourself to allow yourself time to enjoy the journey. The community is there for you too, we would love for you to come by again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Thanks for stopping by, Lynnette, and leaving such a lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....