Friday, March 11, 2011

And so it began...


Yesterday marked year three of Kreative Notions' introduction to the world.

After becoming a stay-at-home-mom some thirteen years ago I began reading books by SARK, journaling and evaluating my role as wife, mother and individual.  What did I discover?  I discovered my creativity.  I filled space after space with creative toys, supplies, paper, rubber stamps, and so on.  So much so that I often found myself uttering the words, "I should start a business."

My adventure began with the craft of scrap booking.  In 2002 I tried my hand at homemade greeting cards.  I developed a passion for photography.  I started to go nuts for Mod Podge and collage.  I played with UTEE, paint, markers, oil pastels, and words.  I recently discovered Art Journaling which to my delight embodies all of these things...well, except maybe the UTEE.

March 10, 2008 I wrote my first blog post, birthing the Kreative Notions Blog.  My initial intention was to share my play dates and inspire creativity; to share my journey in the valley of glue.  I wanted people to "Imagine" (the title of my first post).  It has become so much more than that.  Discovering my creativity has lifted my eyes, opened my heart, brought me joy and delivered an incredible amount of healing.  Discovering my creativity has led me to new insights into who I am and who I want to be.  It's made me a little less anal and lot more grateful.  :)  And....it has now become my business.

For the past several days, I have been struggling to create a blog post to commemorate this third birthday.  As which is often the case, I know what I want to say but I can't seem to find the right words to say it.  It came to a head yesterday afternoon after a delightful conversation with Life Illuminator, Megan Monique during which she asked me what I wanted.

I dunno.

I mean, I know I don't want to be on Oprah.  I know I don't want to be filthy rich.  There are things I think would be interesting to do...but I don't know how I want to go about doing them.  Of course a regular income would be just dandy and to actually take full ownership of my business even better.

Last Fall my step kids were over for dinner.  My step daughter grabbed a coffee mug and as she filled her cuppa my husband said, "Syd made that."  My step daughter then proceeded to tell me I should start a website.  :)



  •  I want....


To inspire joy, self love and healing through creativity and writing.


I think I just found my mission statement.  :)

4 comments :

  1. >You inspire JOY! That's the word I wrote in my first playdate with gesso that you inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Hey! I know who you are! LOL Thank you! So appreciate all the love! There's something about gesso that brings out the JOY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. >I happen to love joy. I love what you do and I want to see more of it. So keep on keepin' on. You'll know what you want when you see it and feel it. It will probably sneak up on you and say "SURPRISE!! I've been here waiting for you...so glad you made it."You're an inspiration. Perhaps you shall create a project a week or... every other week for those of us that also like to create but don't know where to start, when to start and what to do with all these rubber stamps. ;) Let me tell you...I just signed up for an online knitting course. It's a go-at-your-own pace type of thing. What if you did that too for some of the fun things you've created that others would probably love to create too? Sell your knowledge, AND the finished product too? Maybe? Either way....keep doing it because its good for you mostly, but it's also inspiring others. :) XOXOZumba Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. >Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....