Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blegh

Blah. Ick. Blues.

Whatever you might want to name it, has infested my days and interrupted my nights. We all are visited by these states of mind on occasion. What do you do?

I tend to make the mistaek of trying to force myself out of them. I pull. I push. I wiggle and squirm. I don't want to be with it. I don't want to feel it. I want it out of me! I deny myself permission; judging and loathing the reflection that stares back at me in the bathroom mirror. I become irritable, snappy and no fun at all to be around.

Until....

Until I release my obsession with its dissipation. Until I give myself permission to be crabby, feel crappy, curse the darkness and let-it-be.

Permission to allow

Once I tell myself to let it go, let it flow and tickle and run its course...I am able to get a good night's sleep and the new day actually feels like a new day.

Tomorrow morning is a new day.

joY & gratitude

No comments :

Post a Comment

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....