Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tickle Me...with fiber paste & 21 Secrets

I've been going and going and going like the Energizer Bunny this past week or so. I've had the pleasure of being blessed with my daughter going Back-to-School. While it offers me a good deal of quiet time alone to play, it also means keeping up with all of the beginning-of-the-year school stuff.

Man! Going back to school is exhausting...and I'm not even the one going!"   :)


That being said, I've been making some changes to m' website, updating various accounts and have decided on a weekly series :: Tuesday Tickle. I don't want to wait until next Tuesday to start since I've been absent since July. Ugh. So we'll get started right now....11:50PM on a Thursday.

I have been wandering through the online workshop 21 Secrets and most recently joined Daisy Yellow's group, "Urban Layer Cake."  I.am.having.so.much.fun!  I've been introduced to fiber paste and let me say it's fascinating to work and play with!  I love texture.  I love the imperfection of it.  I love the mess it makes.  The process lets you really get dirty and release the day's mud and muck.  Yay!

One thing I love about creative/art journaling is you can break all the rules you want or simply have no rules at all.  You can improvise, tear it up, gesso it and start over. 

What.Ever.You.Want.



I used a pair of jigsaw scissors to trim a credit card--I'm sure that made m' hubby happy :)--and created a textured, stripe border around a black, gesso-ed rectangle I planned for writing.  On a second piece of heavy water color paper (both of which I trimmed to 8x10" size) I scraped on the fiber paste with another credit card.

Now I just had to wait for it to dry.  Easy enough.  It was time to pick my daughter up from school anyway.

I ended up not liking the final border color of the second one I made (I'd painted it first).  So what did I do?  I covered it up with white gesso and painted it a different color.  Of course, I don't know about you but I always have paint left over.  A skill I have yet to master is how much I pour/squirt onto m' pie pan.  I can't wash it down the drain so I often just slap it onto a page in my creative art journal as the beginnings of a new background.  I'm getting ready to take my second ride with Free Spirit Knits and her delight-FULL eCourse, Inside Out, during which I'll be needing some colorful spaces to write on (there's still time to register if you'd like to join me)!

And now...viola!  The finished fun....


3 comments :

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....