Monday, February 27, 2012

Learning Tickles


I created this art journal page on an 8.5 x 11" piece of chipboard I typically use to make journal covers.  It was quite the process and filled with learning tickles and giggles, discovering what works and what doesn't, as well as an incredible amount of practice in patience.

I discovered the existence of art journaling just a little over a year ago and as I look at the pages created by others, I realize I am still lacking in a variety of techniques.  I'm still learning and developing my particular style.  I love this page, even though it seemed I wasn't getting the effect I wanted.  While it's not exactly what I had in mind when I began adding layer upon layer of gel medium, image transfer, acrylic paint (with both a brush and bubble wrap), tissue, gesso, torn pages from an old dictionary...in the end it transformed into a marvelous piece.  I trimmed it down to an 8 x 10" size and glued a couple of the pieces back on (the top to the bottom and the bottom to the top). When my daughter saw it the next day she suggested that it would make an exceptional journal cover.  I just might do that.  :)  In the mean time, I did scan and digitally edit the page for my CafePress Shop.  You can purchase this image on a notebook (without the copyright, of course).

**This artwork has now been made into a journal cover.  It is available in my Etsy Shop.  It is one of a kind!!**

click for more detail


The gerbera included actually pops out on the original and was created using color washed paper, paint and a rubber stamp I carved out myself.  I just love how this came together!  I'd share more about the process this piece took, but unfortunately I didn't take photos as I went along.  

Must.get.better.about.that. 

And I really have no idea how I did what as I perceived my mistaeks and made desperate attempts to fix them.  Sometimes the process is a struggle, but in the end everything comes together as it should!

Earlier today I decided I needed to purchase a couple of books to learn from....my choices to download via the Kindle App for iPad/Mac this afternoon included::


and



It's all about the process and mistaeks are mandatory!  

No comments :

Post a Comment

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....