Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting my Groove Back


I haven't been around in a while, but I have been carving out some time to play here and there.  I recently went Mac and while the transition from PC has gone fairly smoothly, there are a few wrinkles that need ironing out and a few new software programs that will require a longer learning curve.

But I got this!  :)

My most recent play dates have included art journaling, a must in my world, and playing with my Zutter toys (the Bind-it-All and Distrezz-it-All).  I have been loving experimenting with different sizes and designs.  I am in the process of making notebooks and journals for my Etsy Shop and will post details as soon as they're up.  I hand cut, punch and bind every book myself.  The pictured notebooks are not for sale, but if you find one in particular speaks to you, please share with me.


Most recently I have noticed a lot of extra strips of white paper left over from making my little o'wire bound notebooks.  I've taken to spraying them with color wash and using the strips to collage.  I made a notebook and a journal using the color washed strips as a background to hand stamping (one is pictured in the above photo collage).  To mix things up I also use a white pastel crayon (resist) to add words, lines and scribbles before spraying.  I can't wait to collage a new journal cover with these!  :)

Now I'm off for a little more learning, photo organizing and editing in preparation for another play date.  I'm also participating in Liz Lamoreux's Inner Excavate Along...read more about this free online course here.

There's also a new blog post :: Sifting Through Abandonment here.

See YOU soon!

2 comments :

  1. So cool!! I want them all, and I want to learn how to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I've got to start taking in progress photos! :)

    ReplyDelete

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....