Friday, September 20, 2013

Funtastic Friday Tickle

mini folder using Artsyville Washi Tape

I haven't found myself in the art loft much lately.  Other than to look at the mess and wish I were Bewitched {yeah, I'm *that* old} and able to wiggle my nose and snap! all clean.  :)  Today was different. The art loft is still a flipping disaster area, but I had something else in mind.

While meandering through Michael's yesterday I came across the Envelope Punch Board by We R memory keepers.  It is without a doubt some of the best money I've ever spent!  I knocked out a couple of envelopes in no time.  It was easy peasy!  No more creating templates by hand, tracing and cutting.  

I shared a photo of my new toy on Instagram and was pleased when a follower shared with me that there were a variety of videos demonstrating other uses for the board.  Really?!  Specifically, mini file folders.  I couldn't wait and tapped my little fingers over to YouTube and found the tutorial for making mini file folders.  I have a die cut for this very purpose, but it isn't always convenient to use.  

Today I made a couple of mini file folders using washi tape.  The first is pictured above using Artsyville's wonderful new Washi Tape.    

In addition to the Envelope Punch Board, to make the index card sized file folders featured in today's post...

Here's what you'll need:


5" x 7" card stock


Your choice of Washi Tape

Let's get started!  So fun!  


Cover card stock with strips of washi tape; top to bottom

Trim the excess washi tape from edges

I made my first punch at the 3" mark

Then lined up the corner in the center of the punch to create the "tab"
Flip the card stock over and do the same on the other end

Close-up view

Once both sides are punched
It should look like this; each end mirroring the other
Using a ruler & a craft knife; trim the short tab on one side
and the long tab on the other side

Fold and enjoy!  This size is perfect for index cards!

Finished folders.  A little embellishment never hurts.

I'm so thrilled and looking forward to more play time.  The possibilities are endless!  You can create almost any size folder you want with left, right or center tabs.  You can use a variety of media to design and decorate your folders.  And you can use it for other paper crafting projects. The wheels are already spinning!  Love! Love!


There are also a variety of other videos.  Here, I did the searching for you.  :)

In love with Artsyville's line of Washi Tape?  You can purchase it here.  You'll find her blog here. She's also been having a Tape Hop this month and her creative lineup of contributors has been awesome!  While it is coming to an end, you can still check out all the magic.

Happy-Happy Friday!  Have a funfilled, playfilled, creative day!

4 comments :

  1. Nicely done, m'dear! You can now add 'instructor' (or 'teacher') to your profile. :D (your "Select profile" should include "Friend")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you found something to play with.

    I would gladly come and help you clean up!!

    Love

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee-Hee. You just want to play with my Easy button. LOL. Thanks Kim!

      Delete

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....