Sunday, October 13, 2013

Kreative Planning is HERE!!




It has been a dream of mine to create a planner.  I just didn't know what kind or how I wanted to do it.  I've made some of my own using Smash journalsI spent days making one at the beginning of 2012 and ended up not using it for very long.  It was too planned out, too structured; too left-brain?  :)  While I believe structure is important, sometimes it leaves us feeling disappointed and we beat ourselves up for not living up to its rigid expectations.

Last year, inspired by Andrea's Creative Journaling photos, I picked up a blank Smash Journal and decided to make it my Creative Planner.  No format.  No perfectly arranged boxes.  No dates or times.  I drew random doodles, made lists and jotted ideas down.  Over time it has morphed into what it is now.  Bright and colorful with crooked lines.  It is a practice in embracing my perceived imperfections.  It's fun.  Still there are no dates.  I did make day-of-the-week stamps I use to label the days and occasionally I write in the dates as I go.  It has become part doodle book, part collage, part life log, part list keeper, to-do manager, appointment reminder.  I note my intentions, I jot down gratitudes, and if I skip a day I fill it with ephemera, doodles, or a micro journal entry.  There are no rules, no boundaries, no limits.

Here are a few shots from last weeks planning pages.







I have shared many-a-photo on Instagram (#creativeplanner) and have often received positive, loving feedback.  It wasn't until this past summer that someone asked me where they could get one. 

Hmmm.

Perhaps that's my cue?  Perhaps it's time I create one in its current format and offer it up for sale.

And so I am.  

I am very excited and pleased with this first edition of the Kreative Notions Planner!! I hope you love it as much as I do!

Per the motto of this website, "Mistaeks are mandatory", it isn't perfect. It's not supposed to be. There are no straight lines.  I created backgrounds using art journal pages, graph paper, and made a few fresh pages on my iPad.  I printed them up and made twelve weeks worth of full color, hand doodled pages before scanning and digitally editing to create 53 weeks worth of planning. Some pages include food-for-thought.  Other pages hold the space for your own.  For good measure, you'll also find a yearly calendar for 2014 and 2015, as well as a page to jot down websites you discover and want to remember.  The great thing about this planner is that it can be started at any time.  It's good for a year no matter when you pick it up. 

Fill it with the moments of your life.  I hope you'll share tidbits on Instagram and Twitter (suggested tags: #kreativenotions #kreativenotionsplanner, #creativeplanner), or on the Kreative Notions Facebook Page!  I'd love to see how you use this first edition!

So, without further ado...Kreative Planning through journaling, doodling and playing.







Pre-order now for $38 +shipping and sales tax where applicable and save!!!  All pre-orders will receive a little something extra!!  November 1st the price will increase to $45 +shipping and sales tax where applicable.  Pre-orders will be shipped the first week of November.  After that time, they will ship within 3-5 business days.

Some deets:

Each planner is printed on 65# cover/card stock, cut to 7"x9" and o'wire bound by mio.  The cover art is printed on 130# card stock so to not be too rigid and heavy, then lightly coated with acrylic, gloss spray.  The back cover is heavy chipboard, offering enough stability for lap writing.  :)

Let's get it started!  Who's first?

....uh, Syda?

Yeah.

You need to click Publish.

Yeah.  I know.  

So?

Just give me a minute.  My hand is shaking.

2 comments :

  1. Wonderful idea! Best wishes with this endeavor, Syda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy!! I appreciate you stopping in for a peek! :)

      Delete

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....