Tuesday, October 14, 2014

It's Here! The All New Kreative Notions Planner!

Evolution of the Creative Planner:

After being inspired to begin creative planning a few years ago, I decided to give it a go.  I purchased a SMASH book and went to work designing a colorful, yet very left brain planner.  It didn’t work.  I quickly abandoned it.

A year later I decided to try again, but in a different way.  Still using a SMASH book I started with random pages of lists, doodles and notes that morphed into boxes for days I'd made with handmade rubber stamps.  

As the following year progressed my planner took many shapes and forms.  I began to draw and doodle and color my planning pages.  This became my Sunday morning ritual while I sipped coffee on the deck.  I shared photos on IG and Facebook.  In the comments section I would inevitably be asked, "Where do I get a planner like this?!  This encouraged me to design my first planner.  It was something I had always wanted to do because I could never find a commercially made planner that was just right for me.

So...the first annual Kreative Notions planner was born.  I'll be honest, it. was. hard. I enjoyed the process of creating it and it was a huge learning experience.  

Looking back on it now, it was just a little too much.  I tried to make too many different pages, with too many backgrounds and put too much pressure on myself.  For me, it lost a little of its magic.  Using the mass, pre-printed planner messed with my mojo.  I no longer had my Sunday morning ritual of doodling and coloring and setting the tone for the coming week.  I started playing around with different formats, color background, no background.  I am a creative planner so I like to be able to note appointments, but also doodle, color, glue, tape, collage, etc. 

I am immensely grateful to all those who offered their support and purchased my first planner.  It has been a learning process for me and with learning comes growth and an entirely new planner!!  

The second annual Kreative Notions Planner has a cleaner layout, still lots of color because what fun is life without color!  Monthly & weekly pages both include sections for planning; task listing, intentions, goals, an activity tracker, self care, appointments and special days to remember along with a little white space for your own notes. I'm also adding a few pages for Happy Mail tracking as an option (at no additional cost).  In between the monthly and weekly sections you’ll find a few filler pages with prompts and space for you to write.  Lastly, the previous edition of the Kreative Notions Planner arrived with undated weekly pages, this year I will be offering a date kit created from my original art. More details about that will be forthcoming as I am still hammering out all the details.

Here's a peek into my creative planner. If you’d like to see more check out my Kreative Planner Album on Flickr.



So, without further ado….meet the all new Kreative Planner:  PLORK

Cover Art:  plork; Unable to distinguish between work and play.











If you'd like to order your copy now visit my Etsy Shop Listing.  I will be adding a planning kit add-on by the end of the week.

Happy Planning!!!

2 comments :

A {{{HUG}}} for your thoughts....